Flashlights have come a long way in the last 70 years. They used to have an incandescent bulb, and 2 D batteries. The batteries would leak throughout the flashlight as it sat in a drawer for a few months. This would destroy your torch. Sometimes the battery company would replace your flashlight if it was ruined by a leaky battery.
Today we have:
- LED bulbs, which are brighter than incandescent bulbs.
- CREE bulbs, which are brighter LED bulbs.
- COB bulbs (chip on board) which are really bright.
- Alkaline batteries
- Rechargeable batteries
- Focusing lenses
- Smaller, but more powerful flashlights
- Engraved flashlights to show off your company logo
- Maglites® and other brands that have programs in a chip. They can create 2 or 3 brightness levels, strobe, and SOS signals.
- Magnetic bases that stick to the side of your car in an emergency
- Magnetic ends that can retrieve a lost screw.
What is YOUR favorite feature of this new generation of flashlights?____________