Aren’t we lucky that we don’t have to dip our pens in inkwells anymore? While the writing back in those days was beautiful, it was quite a messy process. Thankfully, modern times brought along the invention of the ballpoint pen. Today is a day to grab your favorite personalized pens because it is Ballpoint Pen Day!
Did you know…
- First invented in the late 1800s
- John Loud, the inventor with the first patent, was from Massachusetts
- Loud’s patent was not commercialized, so in 1938 Laszlo Biro patented the modern ballpoint pen
- It was invented as a cleaner alternative to fountain & dip pens
- World’s most-used writing instrument