The 3rd week in September is National Singles Week. Do you still “carry a torch” for someone that “got away”? If you do, make sure it is a Maglite torch. Promotional Maglites are the best flashlights that were ever made. They are sturdy because of the solid aluminum barrel. They are dependable because of the rubber O rings that keep out moisture. They are popular the world over, because they will never fail you.
Maglites are symbols of Americanism, strength, and dependability.
What better way to remember truck drivers, than to give them Maglite flashlights. This week is National Truck Driver Appreciation Week in the USA.
The first Promotional Maglights (Maglites) were black, heavy duty, made in America, and
dependable. These are still made today, but there have been a few improvements along the way.
- The Mini Maglite was introduced that used the smaller AA and AAA batteries.
- New barrel colors were added. Now there are about a dozen colors available in some of the models.
- The wrap-around United States flag imprint was made available.
- The LED bulb was added. This made them much brighter.
- The electronic circuit was added, to give you different light intensities, strobe, and SOS capabilities.
- The rechargeable Maglite was invented.
- Imprinting your logo in full color was developed. This was a giant leap over the traditional laser engraving.
What’s next for Maglites? Give us your idea, and maybe it will develop into the next big thing in promotional Maglights (Maglites).
Promotional maglights (really spelled Maglites) come in all sizes and colors. If
your logo color is one of these, then there is a matching Maglite for you.
- Dark Green
- Foliage Green
- Urban Gray
- Digital Camouflage
- American Flag Wrap
The prices range from $9.17 to $160.00, but all models do not come in all these colors. For small businesses with just a few workers, one of the Maglites can be bought in a quantity as low as 6. That’s the model ML150LR, LED Rechargeable System.
It’s the Thursday before Christmas and you’re getting ready to wrap your gift for your Secret Santa holiday party. But wait, you got sidetracked this week and forgot to shop for it! Even Amazon Prime won’t deliver within an hour of ordering. So what should you do?? Here’s some advice- go through that lonely shelf in your closet.. there’s always a stash of unused gifts people have given you throughout the year that either you already have, don’t need… or don’t like. Regift one of those! As long as it’s unused, in new condition, and something you know that person will like! But trust me, the items that you won’t ever think of regifting are those shiny, reliable Maglite flashlights on your counter or in your purse. You’ll never want those trusty guys to ever leave your side.
Today marks the 79th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Forever “a date which will live in infamy,” it was a day that caught our country by surprise and lit a fire that only the Allies would be able to extinguish.
This weekend you can honor those killed and injured in the attack by:
- Watching any of the 3 ceremonies live at https://pearlharborevents.wordpress.com/broadcast/
- Handing out American flag Maglite flashlights at your local ceremony
- Saying a prayer at your local church or veteran’s center
If you or your boss are looking for the best engraved flashlights for your company promotion, Here are the top 7 features to look for.
- A solid aluminum barrel so it will survive a drop onto concrete, or other physical abuse
- An LED (light emitting diode) bulb or the new COB (chip on board) bulb
- Waterproof construction with rubber O rings at the screw-on openings
- Easy access to change the batteries
- Made in USA
- Warranted for life, or at least several years. Maglites used to have a lifetime warranty. In 2019, the manufacturer stopped giving this warranty. Still, it will last a very long time.
- High quality deep laser engraving that will last forever. This is much better than screen printing, because it won’t wear off or scratch off.
Maglites come in many different sizes and colors. Some have incandescent bulbs,
and some have LED bulbs. Here are the top sellers:
The K3A is the most economically-priced of all the promotional Maglights. Sometimes they are on sale for only $7.94. That fits into most budgets for appreciation gifts. It does come with an alkaline battery and a carry strap. There’s no need to wrap this one up as a present. It already comes with a permanent hard plastic hinged gift box.
The other popular one has an LED bulb and 2 AA batteries. It puts out an extreme amount of light for its size. LED flashlights are often requested by business owners who want to give a high quality gift to their employees.
Anthony Maglica is probably the best example of an American success story. He was born in NYC during the great depression (1930). His mother was Croatian, and decided to take him to her home country of Croatia and raise him there. At the time, no one would have expected him to become the most successful businessman in the USA. In 1950, he got married, became a father, and moved his family to the United States, and out of the Communist control of Croatia. Neither Anthony or his wife could speak English, making it rough to survive here.
The rest of this “rags to riches” story continues with his opening in 1955 of a small machine shop in Los Angeles, named “Mag Instrument”. He made machine parts for the military and started to make a few dollars.
Fast forward to 1979, which is the first year that Anthony made the amazing flashlight, called the “Mag-lite”. It was a big hit with the policemen, because it was aluminum, rugged, and dependable. That basic design hasn’t changed much to this day. But he developed other Maglite Flashlights in the next several years, in the 1980’s.
- Early 1980’s- The first Maglite® Rechargeable Flashlight System (TM)
- 1984- Mini Maglite® using AA batteries
- 1987- Mini Maglite® using AAA batteries
- 1988- Solitaire using only one AAA battery
The rocky part of the history involves lawsuits. A major one was filed by his former live-in girlfriend, Claire, of over 20 years, in 1994. The jury awarded her $84 million, which was a big chunk of the value of the company. That was a rough time for both of them.
Other lawsuits have been filed, and won, over the years, by Maglite Flashlights over copyright infringement. Maglite® does have a full-time legal department on site, to take care of these matters.
After this rocky history, Maglite® has become a standard for all flashlights. It has been called “the Cadillac of flashlights” by the Wall Street Journal in 1996. Indeed it is.
Many business owners choose Maglite Flashlights when they are looking for safety awards and service awards. Why?
- Maglite Flashlights are appreciated by both men and women, and children.
- They have a reputation of high quality.
- These torches are made in the USA.
- They come in a few colors, which might match your corporate colors.
- Your company logo is permanently laser engraved on the aluminum barrel.
- They come with the Maglite® warranty.
- Giving a quality Maglite® will make you look like a hero.