Mothers across the nation today are (hopefully) getting some much-needed relaxation time and are feeling appreciated. It’s #MothersDay- have you called your mother or sent her something thoughtful? These Maglite flashlights are a perfect gift for the mother figure in anyone’s life – spread the idea to your employees and customers!
What can you reward your local nurses with this week? They’ve been working well past their normal hours, checking vitals and making sure their patients are comfortable and cared for.
I’ll give you some clues:
and can fit in your pocket!
What is it? A Maglite flashlight
After a long shift, nurses can grab their Maglite flashlight from their pocket or purse to light their way home.
Thanks for all you do! #NursesWeek
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Today, in America at least, it tends to be a holiday revolved around drinking and celebrating the “luck of the Irish.” But do you really know the background behind this holiday?
- Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland, who brought Christianity to Ireland
- The holiday began in early 17th century
- Legend says St. Patrick used the 3-leaf clover to explain the Holy Trinity to the pagans
How can you celebrate today?
Since many cities are canceling parades and festivals due to coronavirus concerns, wearing green is the next best thing you can do to celebrate.
Adding green promotional Maglites to you and your customers’ wardrobes today will surely help you stand out.
It’s time for a history lesson! Today is International Women’s Day, a day that carries a lot more history than you might think. In the United States at least, it has gained momentum and popularity in recent years.
Did you know…
- 1909: idea began by Socialist Party of America in NYC
- 1917: made a national holiday in Soviet Union, after women gained the right to vote. Mainly recognized by only socialist and communist countries
- 1960s: women’s rights groups worldwide called for equal pay, equal opportunity, reproductive rights, child care, violence prevention, overall gender equality
- 1975: holiday adopted by United Nations
This week, in celebration of #IWD2021, your company can help recognize women’s rights and promote equality in the workforce. Why not pass out Maglite flashlights to all of your female employees to help inspire your whole company to support everyone equally? Here are just a few they would appreciate:
A company is only as good as its employees, right? It can have all of the best mangers and bosses, but if the employees don’t feel appreciated, they won’t put in as much effort into their work, and will ultimately go looking for a new job.
Today is #EmployeeAppreciationDay, a day for all companies in all industries to focus on thanking their employees for all of their time and hard work. This show of appreciation will, in turn, strengthen the bond between employer and employee, and result in improved retention rates and increased productivity.
How can you thank your employees today?
- Let them leave a little early!
- Give them personalized gifts, such as engraved flashlights
- Have a catered lunch or breakfast
With many businesses and restaurants temporarily (or permanently) closed, I have spent much of my spare time going outdoors with my family. We go on hikes and walks whenever we have the chance. Today is Play Outside Day, so take this as a sign to get out there and enjoy some fresh air. Take a deep breath and let your worries float away.
(And I would suggest taking one of these promotional Maglights with you in case it gets dark while you’re out!)
February is American Heart Month, a month where we all should put a little more time and focus on our heart health and preventing heart disease.
Cardiovascular disease is one of the lead causes of death in the United States, and it is a condition that can be prevented by making more healthy lifestyle choices.
- Be physically active (the NIH recommends 30 minutes, 5 days a week)
- Eat healthier (increase intake of fruits, veggies, whole grains, while reducing sodium, saturated fat & sugar intake)
- Track your heart health stats (talk to your doctor about your blood pressure, weight, and cholesterol goals)
- Manage stress, encourage healthy sleep patterns & quit smoking
The best way to check off this list and hold yourself accountable? Have your family, friends, and coworkers be your support team. Share healthy recipes at work and have a cookoff competition! See who can log the most steps on your team walks! Get the whole group matching red Maglite flashlights so that you can all go on walks or runs no matter the time of day!
Whom do we rely on to protect our communities day and night? Our law enforcement officers are the dedicated people who put their lives at risk to keep our society safe. Today is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.), a day that gives us the opportunity to thank our hard-working law enforcement officers by recognizing the sacrifices they make daily.
How can we honor our local police forces today?
- Have your company give them blue engraved flashlights to put in their belts
- Send a thank-you note to your local police office
- Proudly wear blue
- If you see a police officer, thank him or her
- Participate in Project Blue Light- shine a blue light at your office or home
The day is here. Today is the winter solstice, the shortest, darkest day of the year. How are you going to find your keys at 5:00 tonight when you’re busy on your phone but need a flashlight? Don’t hang up your phone in order to use its flashlight- grab your trusty Maglite flashlight out of your purse or pocket. What about when you’re getting the mail or taking the dog for a walk tonight? Throw your American-made Maglite flashlight into your coat pocket and head on out- ready and capable to enjoy the rest of your evening.
It’s the Thursday before Christmas and you’re getting ready to wrap your gift for your Secret Santa holiday party. But wait, you got sidetracked this week and forgot to shop for it! Even Amazon Prime won’t deliver within an hour of ordering. So what should you do?? Here’s some advice- go through that lonely shelf in your closet.. there’s always a stash of unused gifts people have given you throughout the year that either you already have, don’t need… or don’t like. Regift one of those! As long as it’s unused, in new condition, and something you know that person will like! But trust me, the items that you won’t ever think of regifting are those shiny, reliable Maglite flashlights on your counter or in your purse. You’ll never want those trusty guys to ever leave your side.