The 3rd week in September is National Singles Week. Do you still “carry a torch” for someone that “got away”? If you do, make sure it is a Maglite torch. Promotional Maglites are the best flashlights that were ever made. They are sturdy because of the solid aluminum barrel. They are dependable because of the rubber O rings that keep out moisture. They are popular the world over, because they will never fail you.
What do you expect from Promotional Maglights? (really spelled Maglites®)
- A flashlight made in the USA (This is also Reality)
- A rugged piece of equipment (Real again)
- A flashlight that is warranted for a lifetime (also Real)
- A super bright LED bulb (In reality, only some of the Maglites have LED bulbs)
- A torch that comes in a tough plastic gift box (Real again)
- A flashlight that can be used as a quality business gift with your company logo laser engraved on the barrel (Very Real)
What else do you expect when you buy a quality flashlight? Let us know.
Christmas is a popular time of year to give a Maglite engraved with your company logo.
The Maglite® is professionally laser engraved like most other gift items:
- The torch is cleaned, or inspected for the absence of surface contamination.
- It is placed in a jig, so that the imprint area is in the right place when it is place in the laser machine.
- The flashlight/jig combination is place in the cradle of the laser machine
- The door is closed.
- According to previous tests, the operator sets the appropriate laser power, speed, PPI (resolution, or dots per inch), depth, and number of passes.
- The type of imprint also determines the setting. A photograph requires different settings than line art.
- Without getting into further detail, it is best to leave laser engraving to the professionals.
Make your Christmas gift-giving more magical when giving engraved flashlights…..
- Wrap the batteries separately. The more presents, the better.
- There’s no need to get separate gifts for men and women employees. Both will love to receive a gift as useful as a flashlight.
- Give the best torch…give a genuine Maglite®.
- Present the wrapped flashlights at your company Christmas party.
- Have someone dressed as Santa Claus do the presentations.
- After they are distributed, have your employees open them. Turn off the room lights, and turn on all the flashlights. Sing “Silent Night”.
- Your corporate logo laser engraved on the flashlights will last forever. And so will the memories you just made for your loyal employees.
Flashlights have come a long way in the last 70 years. They used to have an incandescent bulb, and 2 D batteries. The batteries would leak throughout the flashlight as it sat in a drawer for a few months. This would destroy your torch. Sometimes the battery company would replace your flashlight if it was ruined by a leaky battery.
Today we have:
- LED bulbs, which are brighter than incandescent bulbs.
- CREE bulbs, which are brighter LED bulbs.
- COB bulbs (chip on board) which are really bright.
- Alkaline batteries
- Rechargeable batteries
- Focusing lenses
- Smaller, but more powerful flashlights
- Engraved flashlights to show off your company logo
- Maglites® and other brands that have programs in a chip. They can create 2 or 3 brightness levels, strobe, and SOS signals.
- Magnetic bases that stick to the side of your car in an emergency
- Magnetic ends that can retrieve a lost screw.
What is YOUR favorite feature of this new generation of flashlights?____________
Engraved flashlights by Starline were a big hit at the OPPA product show in Cleveland Ohio. The promotional product show on January 25 was exclusively for distributors of business gifts.
A powerful torch, and big seller, is this FL129 by Starline. It is super bright (250 lumens, and utilizes the COB (chip on board) technology. When you pull out the head, it shows the alternate flood light. A swivel neck, and magnetic base make this work light a winner.
Doug Oslance, the Regional Sales Manager is demonstrating it for me.
Most powerful LED flashlight made by Maglite® is a staggering 643 lumens bright.
You may find a flashlight with more lumens, but not this powerful. What gives the RL1019 so much power? The fact that it is rechargeable anywhere. You can charge it in any room of your house or garage. You can even charge it in your car or boat or RV. With the wall bracket, it remains ready whenever you are.
Another powerful feature is the availability of 4 function sets. Choose a function set that you like, and your torch will give you 3 different outputs. The General function set has Full Power, Low Power, and Eco. The Outdoor function set has Full Power, Low Power, and Strobe. The Law Enforcement function set has Momentary, Full Power, and Eco. The Tactical function set has Momentary, Full Power, and Strobe. When you buy one, it comes with the default General function set, but you can change it to one of the others if you want to.