On the Twelfth Day of Christmas my true love gave to me . . . Engraved Flashlights (if you’re lucky!) You can’t go wrong if you gift any of these reliable flashlights to your nearest and dearest (you can even engrave them with your logo and give them to your top customers!)
If you know anything about flashlights, you’ll know that one with a long-lasting battery and light are the only ones you will ever need. Engraved flashlights are a trustworthy accessory that not everyone has in their pocket, but trust us, you’ll be happy to have one in an emergency. Which one below will you snag for yourself (and your customers, if they’re lucky!)
Lately there have been countless winter storms that have delayed mail and package delivery services, no matter which part of the country you live. While we can’t control Mother Nature, we can contribute to making our mail and package carriers a little happier as they battle these delays.
Today, on National Thank A Mail Carrier Day, engraved flashlights should be at the top of your list of gifts to give to these hard-working people. Here are just a few ideas to get you going:
This Friday is Good Friday, and Sunday will be Easter Sunday. In addition to all
your traditional ways of observing this solemn weekend, consider this thought. Use engraved flashlights to brighten up Easter. They can signify the happiness and wonder of this amazing holiday.
The flashlights that are popular around the world, Promotional Maglites, occupy a special place in our hearts. Here are our best reasons:
- When we walk in the neighborhood at night, they protect us from dangers like traffic, uneven sidewalks, and randomly placed dog waste.
- Maglites advertise our business to our customers.
- They carry our logo almost forever.
- Their fine quality reflects the quality of our business services and products.
- Our customers appreciate us because we care enough to give the best flashlight made.
- Maglites are made in the USA.
Anthony Maglica is probably the best example of an American success story. He was born in NYC during the great depression (1930). His mother was Croatian, and decided to take him to her home country of Croatia and raise him there. At the time, no one would have expected him to become the most successful businessman in the USA. In 1950, he got married, became a father, and moved his family to the United States, and out of the Communist control of Croatia. Neither Anthony or his wife could speak English, making it rough to survive here.
The rest of this “rags to riches” story continues with his opening in 1955 of a small machine shop in Los Angeles, named “Mag Instrument”. He made machine parts for the military and started to make a few dollars.
Fast forward to 1979, which is the first year that Anthony made the amazing flashlight, called the “Mag-lite”. It was a big hit with the policemen, because it was aluminum, rugged, and dependable. That basic design hasn’t changed much to this day. But he developed other Maglite Flashlights in the next several years, in the 1980’s.
- Early 1980’s- The first Maglite® Rechargeable Flashlight System (TM)
- 1984- Mini Maglite® using AA batteries
- 1987- Mini Maglite® using AAA batteries
- 1988- Solitaire using only one AAA battery
The rocky part of the history involves lawsuits. A major one was filed by his former live-in girlfriend, Claire, of over 20 years, in 1994. The jury awarded her $84 million, which was a big chunk of the value of the company. That was a rough time for both of them.
Other lawsuits have been filed, and won, over the years, by Maglite Flashlights over copyright infringement. Maglite® does have a full-time legal department on site, to take care of these matters.
After this rocky history, Maglite® has become a standard for all flashlights. It has been called “the Cadillac of flashlights” by the Wall Street Journal in 1996. Indeed it is.
Be the best Santa this year, and give the best Christmas present to all your employees! Why choose to put your company logo on Maglite Flashlights? Here are the key answers:
- They are perfectly suitable for any age, and either sex.
- Maglites last forever, even though the warranty says 10 years.
- If the Maglite® is still around, so is your logo, which is permanently laser engraved on the barrel.
- They are extremely useful gifts.
- Your employees recognize the quality of a Maglite flashlight.
- They are made in the USA.
- A Maglite® gift will make you a super Santa, and a super hero!
If you plan to buy engraved flashlights with your company logo, here are some caveats, so your project will be a success. Ask these questions before you commit to the purchase:
- Can you meet my deadline?
- Will the imprint wear off or scratch off?
- Can you imprint my color logo?
- Can you email me a proof before you go into production?
- What kind of warranty do you have?
- What if the flashlights are defective? What will you do?
- What kind of art file do you need?
- Can you give me terms of net 30?
The best flashlight imprinters will give you good answers to all of these questions. If a printer is sub-standard, you will know right away when you ask these 8 questions.
Anthony Maglica is the genius businessman and inventor of Maglite Flashlights. He has taken Maglite® from its beginnings in 1979 to a major USA-made manufacturer of superior torches. From the first D-cell flashlight, he developed the AA Mini Maglite®, then the AAA Mini Maglite® in 1987. What is his next big announcement?
- He is coming out with a rechargeable one that will take an 80% charge in only 1/2 hour.
- Also Anthony is releasing a new 4D cell flashlight that can last as long as 18 days, without turning it off.
Watch for these two new Maglite Flashlights in the coming weeks, maybe in time for Christmas.
If you (or your boss) wants to get engraved flashlights for a promotion, here are 7 tips to make your task quick and easy.
- Get your best art file of your logo from your artist. Vector art is preferred, since it is the neatest. Examples of vector art files are .ai, .eps, and sometimes .pdf or .png.
- Find out how many flashlights you need for your promotion. Is your promotion
for a safety program or service award program? You may want to order a few extra for last minute changes.
- What type of flashlight do you want to use? What is your budget? Maglites® are the best, and more costly than imported LED flashlights.
- Find a reputable merchant online by searching for “engraved flashlights“.
- Does their website make the ordering process simple and easy?
- Call or email the merchant to see what details they need. Is there room on the flashlight for a phone number or a slogan?
- Complete the order online, and submit your credit card number and your art file. Now just wait for the email proof, and then your engraved flashlights. Enjoy!