Workers in oilfields and gas fields use
to keep track of their tasks.
- What time did we add another length of pipe to the drilling rig?
- What size was the pipe?
- What was the pressure setting on the drilling rig?
- How much fuel do we have left?
These workers need a rugged book to record these measurements. Tally books need these features:
- A waterproof vinyl cover that is also abrasion resistant
- At least 100 pages
- A size that can fit in a shirt pocket or back pants pocket
- Waterproof paper, called “stone”, is also a good idea. It is also tear-resistant.
- Lines on the pages, to keep data in an orderly fashion
- A pen loop attached to the vinyl cover, to keep your writing instrument close at hand
- An inside vinyl pocket to keep business cards and special notes
- Important phone numbers printed on the vinyl cover
- Your company logo printed on the front, in full color
- Optional clear vinyl sleeves to contain special papers
- Important conversion tables printed on the cover (either outside or inside)
7 Secrets yes, but only secret until you read this post. Custom tally books are essential tools for people who work in:
- Oil fields
- Gas fields
- Any job that requires continual field recording of data
When you order custom tally books, you usually want your company logo and phone number on them. Here are the “secret” options that are available:
- Inside printing. Printing on the inside part of the vinyl cover.
- Stone pad instead of paper pad. This marvelous material can’t tear, and it is water resistant. Perfect for outdoor jobs in any weather.
- Pen loop. Don’t want to carry your pen separately? Why not have a custom vinyl pen loop built into your pipe tally book?
- Clear inserts. These fit into the front or back cover, on the inside, so you can insert up to 6 pages of your choosing.
- Junior size book, only 6″ high, instead of 8 5/16″ high. Some people prefer the junior size.
- Colored vinyl border, as shown in this picture. the vinyl border and your imprint are both protected with a clear vinyl cover.
- Stock pictures, to add a flair to your oilfield pipe tally books. Or, you can have your own picture printed in the background.