The history of the pipe diameter tape measure is probably darker than its future. Once these 5 myths are explained, this little tape measure will experience much success.
- Nobody needs a pipe diameter tape measure (OD tape).
- It is too hard to use. Only an expert can use it.
- It is probably too expensive.
- A regular tape measure can do the same job.
- My customers don’t want one with my company logo on it.
Here are my answers:
- The “outside diameter tape” is used by plumbers, pipeline workers, electricians, car and boat repairmen.
- All you do is wrap it around the pipe, and read off the diameter.
- It compares to the price of many other pocket tapes.
- Maybe so, but you would have to correct for the fact that you can’t readily see the zero mark. You would have to use the one inch or two inch mark, and subtract that from the total, then divide by pi. A pipe diameter tape measure has the zero conveniently located away from the end of the tape, to make it easy to line up.
- Your customers would love a gift with your corporate logo. It would be a symbol of your generosity.
Here is the most popular “pipe tape”: