Did you know that 149 years ago the first Arbor Day was celebrated in the U.S.? It is a springtime holiday that is celebrated nationwide to promote the importance of planting trees.
While in years past community events are usually held to celebrate this holiday, this year it will be quite different. Here are ways to appreciate our world’s trees during this pandemic:
- Take a walk in the fresh air and look around you!
- Read a book or find an online resource to expand your knowledge https://www.arborday.org/
- Plant trees at your home, office, or school
- Donate money to the Arbor Day Foundation or your local tree commission
- Send diameter tape measures to employees at your local tree service