Finally, Friday is here! How do you celebrate the end of the workweek? Do you order takeout, crack open a cold bottle of beer, or are you more of a wine drinker? Any red wine enthusiast will be happy to celebrate today- it’s Chianti Day.
Did you know…
- Chianti is a region in Tuscany, Italy
- Bottles are traditionally a squat-style shape enclosed in a straw basket
- If you happen to open up a bottle with a black rooster seal on the neck, it’s your lucky day- it’s from the heart of the Chianti region; produced by the local association of producers called the Chianti Classico Consortium
- One of the requirements for a Chianti is a minimum of 7 months aging in oak
- One of the unofficial requirements to open a bottle of Chianti is to use this Rabbit Corkscrew wine opener– trust me, it’s the fastest wine opener you’ll find!