Workers and inspectors in the oilfields and gas fields all use tally books to keep track of data. What kind of data?
- Diameter size of pipe
- Length of pipe
- Time of installation of a pipe
- Voltage levels of wind turbines
- Speed of the wind turbines
- Amount of fuel and lubricants at different times throughout the day
- Unusual drilling actions to report
- Pressure of different gauges
To supercharge your tally books, here are some cool ideas:
- Put your full color company logo on the outside front vinyl cover.
- List important phone numbers on the back cover.
- Print a conversion table inside.
- Install a pen loop on the side.
- Instead of getting a 200 sheet paper pad, get a 100 sheet “stone pad”, which is waterproof and tear proof.
- Add a clear vinyl insert so a worker can place business cards and important notes.